NATIVO LODGE COMMUNITY PARTNERSHIPS
Heritage Hotels & Resorts Supporting Cultural CausesWhen you stay at Nativo Lodge, you make a difference in New Mexico's community. For more than a decade, supporting cultural and artistic ventures has been our priority. Our hotel in Albuquerque, NM showcases designs, custom artwork, decor and cuisine created by our Albuquerque community.
Our support includes:
- Community partnerships and involvement
- Cultural programs and events
- Various organizations, non-profit opportunities and scholarship programs in Albuquerque
- Helping visitors to interact with three outstanding contemporary Native American artists (Jacque Fragua, Lynnette Haozous and Ehren Natay) who created special works at Nativo Lodge on site for a week through the SWAIA Rising Artist Project.
- Supporting cultural and artistic preservation and advancement by donating a portion of our revenue at Nativo Lodge to the Southwestern Association for Indian Arts (SWAIA) to support programs encouraging the artistic work of emerging urban contemporary Natvie American artists through our custom Artist Rooms program. Learn more about these unique contemporary Artist Rooms.
About the Southwestern Association for Indian Arts (SWAIA)SWAIA sponsors the world renowned Santa Fe Indian Market that is held each August in Santa Fe and brings more than 80,000 people to the state. The Santa Fe Indian Market is unparalleled in both size and reputation. Art collectors, gallery owners and enthusiasts of Indian Art head to the Historic Santa Fe Plaza to participate. The event is also a great time for a variety of Native American Tribes to come and represent their culture, so there's not doubt you'll find a unique treasure of your own.
Nativo Lodge has partnered with SWAIA to feature a number of emerging and rising contemporary Native American artists at our hotel. Several Native American contemporary artists (Heidi Brandow, Nani Chacon, Rhett Lynch, Ehren Kee Natay, Jaque Fragua and Rose B. Simpson) transformed our guest rooms into works of art at Nativo Lodge. Each featured artist has received local and national attention from the media and SWAIA, and has gone through a juried submission process to showcase their art at Nativo Lodge.
The FutureWe believe the preservation of our unique New Mexican culture is important for present and future generations. We hope to share New Mexico's inspiring traditions to continue to enchant new visitors and old friends. Thank you for helping our initiatives.
Learn about our other Heritage Hotels & Resorts Community Partnerships and Cultural Causes.