Heritage Hotels & Resorts Supporting Cultural CausesWhen you stay at Nativo Lodge, you make a difference in New Mexico's community. For more than a decade, supporting cultural and artistic ventures has been our priority. Our hotel in Albuquerque showcases designs, custom artwork, decor and cuisine created by our community.
Our support includes:
- Community partnerships and involvement
- Cultural programs and events
- Various organizations, non-profit opportunities and scholarship programs in Albuquerque
- Supporting cultural and artistic preservation and advancement by donating a portion of our revenue at Nativo Lodge to the Institute of American Indian Arts IAIA to support programs encouraging the artistic work of emerging urban contemporary Native American artists through our custom Artist Rooms program. Learn more about these unique contemporary Artist Rooms.
- Helping visitors to interact with three outstanding contemporary Native American artists (Jacque Fragua, Lynnette Haozous and Ehren Natay) who created special works at Nativo Lodge on site for a week through the Southwestern Association for Indian Arts (SWAIA) Rising Artist Project.
About the Institute of American Indian Arts (IAIA)Located in Santa Fe, New Mexico, the IAIA is the only four-year degree fine arts institution in the nation devoted to contemporary Native American arts. The mission of IAIA is: “To empower creativity and leadership in Native Arts and cultures through higher education, lifelong learning and outreach.” IAIA also operates the Center for Lifelong Education and the Museum of Contemporary Native Arts in Santa Fe.
Nativo Lodge has partnered with IAIA to feature a number of emerging and rising contemporary Native American artists at our hotel. Several Native American contemporary artists (Heidi Brandow, Nani Chacon, Rhett Lynch, Ehren Kee Natay, Jaque Fragua, Randy Barton, Michelle Lowden and Rose B. Simpson) transformed our guest rooms into works of art at Nativo Lodge. Each featured artist has received local and national attention from the media, and has gone through a juried submission process to showcase their art at Nativo Lodge.
The FutureWe believe the preservation of our unique New Mexican culture is important for present and future generations. We hope to share New Mexico's inspiring traditions to continue to enchant new visitors and old friends. Thank you for helping our initiatives.
Learn about our other Heritage Hotels & Resorts Community Partnerships and Cultural Causes.
Request a Donation: All requests for donations are processed through this form